Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Rare Captain Marvel Strip


I always enjoyed this little one-pager from the back cover of THE AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS # 17 in 1978. Don't know, though, if it was done for that purpose or if it ended up there after being left unused from some other intended publication. Artist John Workman has an amazingly neat line and is one of the few letterers who I can identify through his work but to the best of my knowledge, he never drew Cap anywhere other than this one quick gag strip.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't remember the strip until I clicked on it and read it.
    Weird thing is you'd think Sivana would want Captain Marvel to say the magic word so he can change to Billy Batson and he could prevent him from changing back, as he was usually wont to do.
    I don't have a good way to end this, just that I wanted to say "wont" and "tndtj" which was my word verification.

    ReplyDelete