Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!







Well, with my schedule being what it is lately, I missed my own anniversary!!! Yesterday marked two years of BOOKSTEVE’S LIBRARY! More than 86,000 hits on nearly 1000 entries. Every continent except Antarctica has visited my blog. Along the way we’ve written about silly comic books, forgotten films, conventions, music, and, of course, books. We’ve practically become the one-stop for folks searching for info on Christa Helm, Cissy Colpitts or (and I still find this strange) Linda Blair nude! And to that one guy (and I assume its just one guy) who keeps finding us by typing in "Jonathan Frid gay?," let me repeat that I have no earthly idea! All I know is he scared the bejeebers out of me on DARK SHADOWS when I was 9 and I find myself laughing at those same performances today.
Special thanks as ever to those new friends and acquaintances made through this blog. From folks whose work I was reading thirty years ago to my sometimes anonymous regular readers, you’re all wonderful and I’m proud to have you drop by on a regular basis! Thanks! Special thanks to JBX who apparently remembered my anniversary and dropped a goodly amount in the ol’ PayPal tip box!
Today starts year three then. Hopefully things will settle down enough soon here that I can return to more substantial postings but in the meantime, I hope you’re enjoying our almost daily offerings of lighter comics and movie fare. I’ve barely begun to scratch the surface here at the Library, folks so stick around. The best, as they say…well…aw, you know!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FROM THE STATE DEPARTMENT [I left the Pentagon after nearly 21 years there]

    and...
    Your Welcome Kind Sir.
    Thanks for the shout out.
    but it's JBBX or
    AlanJBBX or JettBlackBerryX

    and someone e-mailed to askedif I had a BlackBerry and hence the name...NO.
    My screen name--since 1999--breaks down like this:
    Jett - for Joan Jett.
    BlackBerry - for the quite obscure Rochester, NY Band 'The Jet Black Berries' who had been known prior to that as New Math.
    The X is for the Band X or Professor X.
    the X got added in frustration when a Moderator on the old-old-long-gone-original Joan Jett Message Board messed up my account with the user name of JettBlackBerry [sans X].
    So I created a new account with an X added.

    AND YES I was going for the '
    2nd Anniversary date--I just was lucky that yesterday was payday.
    [We get paid on the 7th and 22nd...very weird company]

    I should have donated more.

    Have a great day Steve

    Alan
    jettblackberryx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:03 PM

    and my thanks came right next to the great linda blair pic.

    awesome!

    JBBX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Congrats Steve

    ReplyDelete