Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adam Lambert

I have never seen an episode of AMERICAN IDOL in my life nor have I had a desire to do so. Until recently, my exposure to IDOL runner-up Adam Lambert consisted of his cover-featured interview in one of my final free subscription copies of ROLLING STONE last year. But then there was Brittany Rose. As previously stated, when one's muse says "Try this, you'll like it" what kind of muse would she be if I didn't take her up on it?

Thus we here present Adam Lambert's controversial 2009 AMA performance of "For Your Entertainment," set to a rather tame BDSM theme that he takes to relatively mild extremes for just the barest of moments and yet that was enough to get his name known by those like myself who simply hadn't been paying attention.

He's a gifted singer with a nice, charismatic presence. One can easily see in him the influence of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Tina Turner, Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury and even Elvis Presley. If he can reconstitute all of that into originality he may be around for awhile.

Don't know why this thing embedded only partially but if you hit the little button with the diagonal arrow, you'll get fullscreen and then you can get the whole effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment